Duration: 40 hours
INTRODUCTION TO ORACLE DBA
- What is DBA?
- Need of DBA?
- Roles & Responsibilities of DBA
- Oracle Architecture
- Physical and Logical Phase of Database
- Types of files (Control file, Redo log file and Data file)
- Different types of Data files
- SGA (System Global Area) and Background Process
- Different Startup Modes
- Different Shutdown Modes
- Types of Database Creation
- Manual Method of Creation
- Introduction to Table space
- Types of Table space (BIG & SMALL)
- Temporary Table space
- Altering/Renaming a Table space
- Renaming a data file
- Temporary Groups
- Table space Encryption (11g)
- What are segments?
- What are extents?
- What is Blocks?
- Oracle Blocks
- Estimation of Extents
- Dictionary Managed Table space
- Locally Managed Table space
- Storage Parameters (Initial, Next, Min Extents, Extents, Pctincrease)
- Who are Database Users?
- Why to create a User?
- Creation of Users
- Assigning Privileges
- Creating and granting Roles
- Allocating table space Quotas to Users
- Assigning default table space for the Users
- Setting Profiles for the Users
- Levels of Authentication
- Schema Management (11g) • Security (11g)
- What is Undo? • Why Undo required?
- Pending offline status
- Brief idea about Rollback segments
- Flashback Features
- Flashback Table
- Flashback query
- Flashback Version query
- SPFILE & OMF
- What is spfile?
- Difference between spfile and pfile
- Advantages of spfile
- What is OMF?
- Advantages of OMF
- Files conventions of OMF
NETWORKING IN ORACLE
- Introduction to Oracle Networking
- Network default location
- Editing Network file
- Listener.ora • Tnsnames.ora
- Introduction to Database Links
- Types of Database Links
- Introduction to Materialized views
- Advantages of Materialized view
- Refresh Modes
REDO-LOG & CONTROLFILE MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to redo log
- Status of Redo logs
- Multiplexing the Redo log files
- Re-creation of Control file
- Renaming the Database
- Multiplexing the Control file
- What is a logical backup?
- Why it is required
- Export/import Utility
- Data Pump
- Difference between Data Pump and Traditional Export/import
- Transportable Table spaces
- Introduction to Physical backup
- Types of Physical backup
- Cold & Hot backup • Recovery scenarios
- RMAN backup
- RMAN Point in time recovery
- RMAN 11g new features
- What is Performance Tuning?
- Why Tuning required?
- Types of Tuning
- Database Tuning
- Tuning • SQL Tuning
- Memory Tuning
- Network Tuning
- Partitioning and Indexes
- Partitioning Enhancements
- RAT (Real Application Testing) (11g)
- SQL Performance Analyses (11g)
- Row chaining and Row migration
- Resemble Table spaces
- Introduction to Data Guard
- Types of Standby databases
- 11g New features in Data Guard
- Types of Protection modes
- Active standby/snapshot standby (11g)
- Log Miner • RMAN Point in time Recovery
- Introduction to Database Cloning
- RMAN Cloning
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
ADVANCED SQL Topics
HOW TO USE SAS MACROS IN SQL
- How dictionary table and views can simplify programming SQL options
- How to retrieve raw data different from DATABASES to SAS environment using SQL Statements
- To create table in different databases using SAS sql statement
- To manage in different databases using SAS Sql Statements
- Introduction to SQL Loader
- Types of files
- Control file
- Bad file
- Discard file
- Data file
- What is auditing?
- Why auditing performed?
- Types of Auditing
- Levels of Auditing
- Flashback Database
- Flashback Archive (11g)
- Oracle 11g Installations
- Comparison between Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g
- New features Introduced in Oracle 10g
- Up gradation from Oracle 10g to Oracle11g Click here to register for the Oracle DBA online training.
About our Oracle DBA online training instructor:
- Working in the top MNC in USA
- Very experienced got 11+ years of experience
- Trained more than 500+ students online
- Certified and corporate trainer on Oracle DBA
- Expertise in different Oracle DBA online training
- Hands on Oracle DBA online training